Monday, September 14, 2009
5 QUESTIONS FOR TOM CORBETT AT TONIGHT'S ANNOUNCEMENT
1. Why haven't you indicted Bill DeWeese for his involvement in awarding bonuses for campaign work and using state resources for campaigning? Does he have an immunity deal?
2. Why were there regular and constant leaks to the media during the grand jury investigation of House Democrats, while the media has failed to report the name or position of a single witness to testify against House or Senate Republicans? Is this a result of some change of policy within your office, or simply a lack of witnesses testifying against House Republicans (like Brian Preski and John Hanley) or Senate Republicans (like Mike Long)?
3. Why was former HDCC Chairman and current Secretary of Revenue Steve Stetler allowed to ignore a subpoena to testify to the grand jury?
4. Are you investigating any non-profits linked to Republican legislators?
5. If your investigation still isn't complete after more than two-and-a-half years, how could you have known seven months ago how much money is involved in the next round of charges? How could your office have hinted more than a year ago that charges against Republicans were imminent?